Public consultations on the regulation of cannabis took place from August 21 to September 12, 2017. Thank you to the many people who shared their opinions.
As part of the public consultation on cannabis regulation, the Government of Québec wants to hear what organizations and the individuals think. You can join the conversation by submitting your thoughts and concerns in writing. This can be a brief, a letter, or any other type of text.
To fuel your reflection, you can consult L’encadrement du cannabis au Québec, Document de consultation 2017 (English version to come), available in the Reference Material section.
Québec residents, associations or other groups can make submissions online. You can also give your opinion on cannabis regulation by participating in the online public consultation.
Keep In Mind
- Your submission must be no longer than 10 pages. All submissions over 10 pages will be rejected.
- You must use the PDF, DOC, or DOCX file formats.
- Your file must not exceed 10 MB.
- Only one submission per person or organization will be accepted.
- No anonymous documents will be accepted.
- The Government of Québec reserves the right to reject any submissions that:
- are defamatory, hateful, racist, xenophobic, homophobic, sexist, or disparaging
- constitute advertising in any form whatsoever (this includes comments that promote products or services)
- are off topic
- contain confidential information, such as personal information
Deadline for submissions
You must make your submission by September 12, 2017.
If you belong to an organization registered for a regional consultation, you must forward your submission before the regional consultation you want to participate in, to confirm your registration. Here are the deadlines for the regional consultations:
- Rimouski – August 22, 2017
- Québec – August 24, 2017
- Saguenay – August 29, 2017
- Trois-Rivières – August 31, 2017
- Granby – September 1, 2017
- Montréal – September 7, 2017
- Gatineau – September 12, 2017
Last update: November 13, 2017 11:17 AM